- Minimise fuel consumption and ensure safe navigation for autonomous inland shipping
- Integrate ship performance models, routing algorithms, real-time weather data and statistical methods to a voyage planning tool
- A voyage planning tool that has been validated against real cases of unmanned inland ship operations
- The voyage planning tool shows 5-10% fuel saving through demonstrations.
- TU Delft (NL): Gathering inland ship navigation scenarios and important inputs to make planning decisions (M17-19, secondment mentor: R.R. Negenborn)
- RH Marine (NL): Train competences to develop both onshore and onboard E-Navigation tools for maritime environments (M30-32, secondment mentor: E. el Amam)
Enrolment in the Doctoral degree: CUT (SE)